Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Maleficent {harmfully malicious}

From childhood I’ve always had a certain like for villains. When you think about it they seem to always have wonderful fashion sense, and they had the most amazing knack for dramatics. Most of the time they have the best script, and in the end, when they meet their demise, they go out in a final blaze of glory. I have to admit that Disney villains are without a doubt my favorite.

My most favorite villaness of all time is Sleeping Beauty’s antagonist, Maleficent. I personally think the mistress of all evil gives the Wicked Witch of the West a good run for her money. I feel like I can relate to her, basically she gets ticked off at the littlest things. For instance, in the film she’s all-mad because she was invited to the princess’ christening. Well maybe if you weren’t a witch the king and queen would like you and you would have gotten an invite. Maleficent is mainly responsible for all the kingdoms misfortunes, she has magical powers, can be a human or a dragon, and has goblin henchmen to do her bidding. What more could you ask for?

Anyways I like her so much that I have her name and dragon form tattooed on my lower back (hence my profile photo). I definitely have a lot of Maleficent memorabilia. I guess over the years I’ve developed an obsession for her (not unhealthy I can assure you). Maleficent basically means evildoer or evil in intent or effect. I just find her fascinating.“Now you shall deal with me, Oh Prince, and all the powers of Hell!” -Maleficent

No comments: