Sunday, October 28, 2007

a long overdue realization

So in the past hour or so ive done more thinking then my brain can handle (no pun intended to myself). And I ask myself the question is it better to do the right thing even when u don't get anything in return? And then I answer myself with yes u idiot, u already had ur turn suck it up get the hell over it and move on. Sounds simple right? Wrong!! Sometimes the simplest things in life turn out to be the hardest. Ive never been one for doing the right thing but this time I am. And only because I know how it feels to not have the one person u need the most there with u when the swore they always would be no matter what. Good bad, thick and thin. But promises are broken all the time and sometimes broken hearts never fully heal, but if u take a step back and look at the whole picture u realize that what happened then is what makes you who u are now. Its hard to deal with change and you try so hard to make things the way they once were and then u realize that its to hard to pretend ur strong when u dnt want to be and that's when u give up. And you, yes u kno who im talking to…I kno ur reading this and I just want you to know that I am OK. I want you to know that I will always be there for you first and foremost as a friend because no matter how much we joke around, we really do need eachother as friends more than we realize. I know that you always got my back and I can come to you with anything and I want u to know im that for u too. So after some tears and a lot of thought im ready to move forward even if it isn't the same as it was then. Im finally ready to say goodbye to that time in our lives and its not as bad as i thought it would be. I am officially on that frozen heart type of shit and the next guy that comes along better be ready with a hammer and a chisel. Sometimes u gotta deal with the bad things to get the good. So heres to the future because im done with the past. "this is ur freedom, with no last kiss and no goodbyes."and I think im starting to believe you when u say that friends are best for now. Im glad I know the truth, I feel a lot better now. Thank you.

No comments: