Wednesday, October 24, 2007

just listen

Have you ever heard a song and realized that it represents a specific time in your life? Have you ever felt that song was specifically written for you to help you understand or feel better about a situation? Over the past few years music had become a big part of me. Music has helped me through some rough times. For me it sometimes holds an answer. Simple songs can mean bigger things. The first song to do this for me is Josh Groban’s “To Where You Are” coincidentally, I first heard it on the morning of my uncle’s funeral. “Who can say for certain, maybe your still here….and you are watching over me from up above.” The song stuck in my mind and helped me through that day and the few that followed. There have been a few songs that I have come across to make me feel this way like “What’s the Point” by Article A and “Apologize” by One Republic, both of which I heard a few months ago before the radio commercialized them.
Music is always my answer. I’m a lyric decoder, I try to use music to help me read between the lines. It has the answers. It can help you get through the rough times or just put you in a better mood, but first you need to just listen.

No comments: